NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Canton, OH, United States, 2012/03/28 - Emergency Medicine Physicians (EMP)’s Fourth Annual Advanced Emergency Nursing 2012 course has been slated for April 4 – 5 at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada - EMP.com.
This year’s courses contain new and updated lectures for 2012 and will cover cutting edge topics to change and update the practice of emergency nurses.
Course content includes:
• Capacity Issues and Solutions: Surge Protectors for the ED
• ED Agoraphobia: Fear of ED Crowding
• Case Based Lecture: Things Aren’t Always As They Seem
• EMR Documentation Issues
• Pediatric Head Trauma
• New CMS Measures
• Psychiatric Care
• Pediatric Ortho Emergencies: Pearls and Pitfalls
• Pediatric Literature Review
• Sepsis: Cases and Controversies
• Busting Myths: Ways to Improve Your Nursing Practice
• Aging of Baby Boomers and the Impact on Healthcare: Implementing Geriatric Specialty Services in the ED
• Nursing Documentation: Why Do I have to Document That?
• Procedural Sedation Update: Meds and Regs.
This year’s distinguished faculty includes:
• Mary Jo Snyder, RN, MS, MBA – Course Co-Director
• Kevin Klauer, DO, EJD, FACEP – Course Co-Director
• James Augustine, MD, FACEP – Director of Clinical Operations, EMP
• Christopher Corbit, MD, FACEP – Chief Medical Information Officer, EMP
• Ghazala Sharieff, MD, FACEP, FAAP, FAAEM
• Michael Gerardi, MD, FACEP
• Deena Brecher, RN, APRN, MSN, CEN, CPEN, ACNS-BC
• Peter Viccellio, MD, FACEP
• Kristine Shields, MHA, MSN, RN
For more information or to register online visit CEME or call 1-800-651-2363.