Comodo, a leading certificate authority and Internet security solutions provider, today released a new edition of its Comodo Cloud – or CCloud - Windows client and a new CCloud app for Android, offering users a unique combination of features unavailable from other online storage providers. These Comodo Cloud applications feature improvements that make it easier for users to synchronize, upload, download and share files and folders.
The Windows client now allows users to select the local drive letter that accesses their CCloud folders, and a new interface lets them review and change all folders being synchronized with CCloud. When direct Internet access isn't available, a web proxy can be used to connect with CCloud instead.
CCloud's new app for Android gives users direct access to all their files stored in CCloud folders. Android users can easily find files by category – docs, images, music, and videos - or with a custom search.
The CCloud Android app also makes it possible for users to upload files from their Android devices for safekeeping or sharing with CCloud. Users can also copy their devices' contact information to CCloud.
"Comodo is known for breaking ground in Internet security work with a unique approach to protecting users, and with the new CCloud 2.1 Windows client we're extending that commitment to online storage," said Melih Abdulhayoglu, CEO of Comodo. "With CCloud 2.1, Comodo stands apart from other providers, offering users a combination of features unavailable elsewhere in online storage services – features like user specified sync folders, access through local drive letters, and our DropZone drag-and-drop tool".
"And like our Internet security offerings, we are constantly improving our products: CCloud 2.1 software now starts faster and handles Internet problems better, and CCloud's value continues to be unmatched, whether users chose a free subscription or one with more storage capacity."
Comodo has also improved integration with Comodo Backup, which complements CCloud's online storage and data access capabilities.
"While some companies blur the difference between data access and data backup tools, features like synchronized folders can synchronize accidental deletions as well," said Abdulhayoglu. "Comodo Backup is offered as a free complement to Comodo Cloud so customers can make sure their data is backed up."
Key features of these new CCloud offerings include:
• Flexible Synchronization – users can access a default Sync folder or simply choose selected folders to be synchronized with their CCloud account;
• Local Drive Mounts – CCloud enables users to treat their Comodo Cloud account like a local hard drive;
• DropZone – this convenient desktop object that appears whenever needed allows users to "drag and drop" files, graphics, text, and bookmarks which the DropZone then uploads in the background.
• Mobile App Access – the Android app gives users direct access to all CCloud files;
• Web Access – Users can upload, download, share, and stream media through the Comodo Cloud web interface when they do not have the CCloud Windows or Android app available;
• Comodo Backup Integration – in addition to providing client-controlled encryption, compression, and incremental backups, Comodo Backup can easily use CCloud to store backup archives;
• Secure Access & Storage – security is ensured by using TLS with AES-256 encryption when transmiting data, the CCloud servers also use AES-256 for encryption when storing the data.
Comodo Cloud with 5GB of online storage is free. CCloud with 250GB is priced at $9.99/month or $99.99/year, and 1000GB version is priced at $19.99/Month or $199.99/Year.
Both products are available at CCloud.com or Comodo.com/.
Comodo (Comodo.com) is a leading Internet security provider. With U.S. Headquarters in New Jersey and global resources in UK, China, India, Ukraine, and Romania, Comodo provides businesses and consumers worldwide with security services, including digital SSL certificates, PCI scanning, desktop security, and remote PC support. Securing online transactions for more than 200,000 businesses, and with more than 35 million desktop security software installations, including an award-winning firewall and antivirus software, Comodo is Creating Trust Online®.
For more information, reporters and analysts may contact:
P: 781-404-2442 - E: lodonnell[.]topazpartners.com.