NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Long Island City, NY, United States, 2012/03/21 - LitWorks/Document Technologies, Inc. and Georgetown University Paralegal Studies Program unite with TRU Staffing Partners to bring training to potential job candidates in the legal technology industry - TruStaffingPartners.com.
TRU Staffing Partners, a leading search firm representing talent and opportunities in the e-discovery and litigation support space, announced a new scholarship program to bring needed training and education to potential job seekers in the legal technology industry. Scholarship partners include LitWorks™/Document Technologies, Inc. and Georgetown University Paralegal Studies Program, with others in the works.
“We are thrilled to offer the first-of-its-kind scholarship program for aspiring legal technology professionals looking to gather the skills necessary to break into the e-discovery marketplace,” stated Jared Coseglia, president of TRU Staffing Partners. “We are honoured by the generosity of our partners and believe this program will benefit not only professionals looking for jobs, but also the industry at large.”
TRU Staffing Partners is now accepting applications and managing the selection process through its website: trustaffingpartners.com. The following opportunities will be available:
Document Technologies, Inc./LitWorks™:
• Three full scholarships to attend their Certified Litigation Support Professional program.
• Three full scholarships to attend their Certified Litigation Support Project Manager program.
• A 6-month paid internship with DTI as an entry-level litigation support analyst.
Georgetown University Paralegal Studies Program:
• Two full scholarships to attend the Advanced Litigation & Trial Technology course. One full scholarship to attend the e-Discovery course, which includes a one-year membership to Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists (ACEDS), Certified eDiscovery Specialist (CEDS) certification test prep materials, and CEDS test.
• One full scholarship to attend the Legal Project Management course, which includes 35 hours of project management education required to apply for a PMP certification. Georgetown University has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
• A 20 percent discount on any continuing legal education courses in Litigation Technology/Legal Project Management for anyone who completes a full application but is not selected for a scholarship.
“The purpose of the program is to usher new professionals into the legal technology industry,” says Coseglia. “TRU and our current and future partners in the TRU Scholarship Program all share a deep commitment to giving practical skills and education to hungry professionals who want to have a career in this immensely challenging and rewarding industry.”
“LitWorks™ is committed to providing ongoing best practices training in the litigation support arena,” stated Danielle Marbury, national training and development manager for LitWorks™. “We are excited to partner with TRU Staffing Partners in educating the next generation of talent in our industry.”
“Georgetown University Paralegal Studies Program is excited to partner with TRU to provide scholarships for our continuing education courses in Litigation Technology and Legal Project Management,” said Kelly S. Holdcraft, director of Georgetown University Paralegal Studies Program. “Since 1973, through our offering of the only ABA-approved Paralegal Studies Program in Washington, D.C., Georgetown University has committed to providing students with the quality legal education, focused skills and essential knowledge they need to be leaders in a highly competitive, professional marketplace,” she continued. “Our partnership with TRU highlights this dedication to legal professionals, and extends our impact to the e-discovery and litigation support fields.”
The application process will begin on March 21, 2012 and will continue through May 1, 2012. The recipients will be notified and announced by July 4, 2012. Scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to execute their education and training in the third and fourth quarters of 2012.
If you are a technology company or educational organization that would like to participate in this program, please contact Andrew Brody, COO, at drew[.]trustaffingpartners.com.
About TRU Staffing Partners
TRU Staffing Partners (trustaffingpartners.com) was founded in 2010 and is a leading search firm representing talent and opportunities in the legal technology industry, with an emphasis on e-discovery, forensics, and litigation support staffing. The company works with the Am Law 200, Fortune 1000, and with e-discovery service providers to bring unparalleled personalized career consulting and staffing services to the growing community of professionals working in e-discovery.