We are pleased to announce the immediate release of Stonefield Query for ACT! version 4.2. There are lots of new and improved features in version 4.2.
Several new sample reports have been added for ACT! 2010 and later databases.
- Stonefield Query now supports relationships between two subentites defined using TopLine Designer.
- You can now edit formulas from Step 2 in the report wizards. When a formula is selected, click the Edit Formula button to edit it. Otherwise, that button appears as "New Formula", so clicking it creates a new formula.
- Formulas now appear in report wizards with "[Formula]" after the name so you can distinguish them from real fields.
- You can now specify the order that a formula appears in its table when fields are displayed in table order. This is useful if you want a formula to appear somewhere other than at the end of the list of fields.
- You can now specify the number of rows a dashboard has. For example, if there are four charts in a dashboard and you specify two rows, the dashboard will have two rows of two charts each.
- Two new templates are available: Modern: this template has alternating light and dark rounded rectangles in the detail band and a blue rounded rectangle for column headers.
Modern with Title: this template is similar to Modern but with a title page showing the report name, comment, user, date, and filter.
- To add these to the list of available templates, choose Template Editor from the Tools menu, click Import, and select these templates from the Sample Templates folder.
- Objects in templates have a new Center option, which is useful for images such as logos that you want to be centered horizontally on the page.
- Stonefield Query can now automatically sum numeric fields when you add them to a report. Turn on the Automatically sum numeric fields setting in the Options dialog to use this feature.
- The Format page of the Field Properties dialog of the Advanced Report Designer now has a Display date only setting that works like the same setting in the Properties dialog of the report wizards: turn this setting on to display the date only or turn it off to display the date and time.
- You can now specify whether missing date values are included in a chart when a date field is used in as the category (X-axis) field.
-The License Manager now includes a Copy button to copy the selected serial number to the Clipboard. This makes it easier to specify your serial number when requesting technical support.
- You now get a warning if you try to schedule a report that has ask-at-runtime filter conditions, since that prevents a scheduled report from running.
- Because exclude filter conditions are often erroneously used in place of a normal "not equals" filter (for example, you want a list of customers who aren't in Germany and use an exclude condition of Country equals Germany rather than the correct way, with a normal filter condition of Country does not equal Germany), you now get a warning if you try to create an exclude condition of this type, although that doesn't prevent you from using it.
- Most cross-tab reports run faster now.
- You can now output cross-tab reports that have Show Change or Show % Change turned on to Microsoft Excel, CVS, or PivotTable files even when the report can't be previewed or printed because it has too many columns.
- Stonefield Query starts up faster than before.
- The setting of the "display only directly related tables" button is no longer remembered because it was easy to miss that this option was turned on and then wonder why all of the tables weren't displayed.
- Turning on Use same options next time report is run on the Output page of the Reports Explorer now saves the selected printer if it isn't the default printer. This allows you to always print the report to the same printer, such as sending mailing labels to a label printer.
- You can now specify the name of a report to edit or that a report should be created with the New Report Wizard with command-line parameters.
About Stonefield Software, Inc.
Stonefield Software Inc. (Stonefield.com), the maker of the award-winning Stonefield Query (stonefieldquery.com), has been developing reporting solutions since 1991. Stonefield Query enables your company to meet its reporting needs quickly and efficiently. Stonefield Software has developed custom user-friendly reporting solutions for the following products using the Stonefield Query SDK.
AccountMate, Alere, Goldmine, Heat, Sage Accpac ERP®, Sage ACT!, Sage BusinessVision®, Sage Pro ERP®, Sage SalesLogix®