NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India, 2012/03/19 - With the Chinese population getting richer, fatter and less mobile; there has been a surge in the prevalence of diabetes in recent years - IMARCgroup.com.
As the second largest economy of the world, China enjoys pink of health but its affluence is giving rise to another sickness - a rapid increase in a life-style disease called diabetes. With the Chinese Population getting richer, fatter and less mobile, there has been a surge in the prevalence of diabetes. A new study from IMARC Group, one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, finds that with around 94 Million patients, China currently represents the diabetes capital of the world. The study that has done a comprehensive analysis on the past, present and future diabetes epidemiology and market trends in China, finds that by 2030 more than 139 million people will suffer from diabetes in the country. Findings from the report suggest that a rapidly ageing population, urbanization, nutritional changes, decreasing levels of physical activity and increasing obesity levels can be regarded as the main factors driving the prevalence of diabetes in China.
The increasing prevalence of diabetes is ringing alarm bells for the government and healthcare agencies. For Drug manufacturers, however, this represents a huge opportunity. The report expects the combined sales of oral antidiabetics and insulin to grow at a CAGR of 28%, exceeding revenues worth US$ 2.8 Billion by 2015.
IMARC’s new report “China Diabetes Market Outlook (2010-2015)” gives a deep insight into the Chinese diabetes market. The research study serves as an analytical as well as statistical tool to understand the epidemiology, trends, market structure and segmentation, competitive landscape, drivers, restraints and the outlook of the diabetes market in China. The report can serve as an excellent guide for investors, researchers, consultants, marketing strategists, and all those who are looking to foray into the Chinese diabetes market in some form or the other.
Forecasts: The report provides forecasts on:
• Number of diabetes patients
• Diagnosis and treatment rates in China
• Diabetes market
• Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market
- Alpha-Glycosidase Inhibitors
- DPP-IV Inhibitors
- GLP-1 Agonists
- All other Non-Insulin Anti-diabetic classes
• Insulin market
Competitive Landscape: This section covers
• 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in the diabetes market
• 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in the Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market
• 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in various Non-Insulin Drug Classes
• 2005-2009 sales of top drugs comprising the portfolio of key players in various Non-Insulin Drug Classes
• 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in the Insulin market
• 2005-2009 sales of top drugs comprising the portfolio of Key players in the Insulin market.
Key Questions Answered in this report
• What is the total size of the diabetes population in China and what are its characteristics?
• What are the diagnosis and drug treatment rates for diabetes in China?
• What are the key factors driving the growth of diabetes medication in China?
• What is the Size and Breakup of the total diabetes market in China?
• What is the Size and Breakup of the total Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market in China?
• What is the Size and Breakup of the total Insulin market in China?
• Who are the key players in the Chinese diabetes market and how have they performed?
• What is the outlook of the Chinese diabetes market in the next five years?
• Which new products are expected to be launched in the next five years?
• Which therapy classes will show the highest growth in the next five years?
• What are the road blocks in the Chinese diabetes market?
To obtain the complete report, please contact:
IMARC Group Asia
E: apac[.]imarcgroup.com - P: +91-120-425-6531
IMARC Group North America
E: america[.]imarcgroup.com - P: +1-631-791-1145
To know more please visit imarcgroup.com/.