ASG Software Solutions (ASG), a recognized innovator in enterprise IT software solutions, today launched the latest version of ASG's flagship multi-platform workload automation solution, ASG-Zena 3.1. The update provides robust workload automation capabilities, as it eliminates the need for manual intervention that is typically required for real-time, event-based and batch scheduling. ASG-Zena 3.1 provides seamless integration of application development and server environments, both physical and virtual.
In 2011, the speed and complexity of business increased at a rapid pace, while IT budgets remained relatively flat. According to a recent survey from analyst firm Gartner, IT budgets will continue to remain flat through 2012. The ability to innovate as budgets stay stagnant will be an increasingly important factor for IT departments to help maintain a competitive advantage in the market. Through ASG-Zena 3.1’s workload automation and cross-platform scheduling, CIOs now have the ability to reduce the overall cost of operations, eliminate human error associated with manual processes and open up resources for innovation.
“ASG-Zena 3.1 is a cost-effective solution to free up IT dollars and strategic resources, so even if IT budgets are stifled, innovation is not,” said Ed Hallock, senior director of solutions management at ASG. “The enhancements made to ASG-Zena reaffirm our dedication to ASG customers by providing a robust, enterprise-wide workload management solution that also incorporates traditional job scheduling methodologies.”
Some of the major features of ASG-Zena 3.1 include:
• Innovative and flexible workload automation: The graphical process whiteboard for task management minimizes redundant definitions and maximizes the flexibility of machine resources by allowing tasks to be defined to run on a specific machine or a logical set of machines.
• Management of VMware environments: VMware interface capabilities enables VM provisioning services to be invoked as part of an automation solution, providing additional flexibility for automating workloads in virtual environments.
• Enhanced support of broadcast processes: A powerful feature that simplifies the automation and maintenance of work that has to be performed across hundreds of servers, departments and users.
• Automation across multiple platforms: Enables the management of workloads across multiple operating systems (including Windows, UNI X, Linux, AS400, and z/OS mainframes) in both physical and virtual server environments.
• Integration with a variety of application platforms: Seamlessly integrates application development and server environments, such as Web services, .NET, and J2EE, as well as other technologies, such as FTP, HTTP and SMTP. This functionality eliminates the manual scripting of integration of existing applications with newer technologies and greatly reduces overall costs.
ASG-Zena 3.1 extends ASG’s Enterprise Workload Management solutions suite, which continues to provide customers with a robust solution to navigate complex challenges in the IT Operations Management market.
ASG Software Solutions (ASG.com) is a global software solutions provider that helps more than 85 percent of the world's largest companies drive business success by managing complex IT operations across distributed, mainframe, and cloud environments.
More than 3,200 customers worldwide successfully reduce costs, improve business-service delivery, and reduce risks by using ASG’s broad portfolio of solutions, including Cloud Management, Metadata Management, Information Management, Applications Management, Infrastructure Management, Operations Management, Performance Management, and Enterprise Automation Management (EAMS). To further capitalize on technology innovation, ASG’s Cloud Orchestration Suite offers companies an easy on-ramp to the cloud by integrating cloud-based applications with existing applications and databases.