• Multifunction I/O in a board-level reconfigurable I/O (RIO) product with built-in analog I/O;
• Customization through daughter cards on two models;
• More built-in peripherals including two RS232 serial ports, an RS485 port, Ethernet and options for a CAN port, USB port and SDHC card slot;
• Alleviates the effort of designing an entire embedded system from scratch so designers can focus on the custom parts of their applications.
National Instruments today announced four new NI Single-Board RIO board-level embedded devices featuring a real-time processor, Spartan-6 field-programmable gate array (FPGA), analog and digital I/O and more built-in peripherals for custom embedded control and monitoring applications. The new devices provide engineers with off-the-shelf FPGA and real-time processor technology through NI LabVIEW while maintaining the custom I/O often required for high-volume deployments through the option of a RIO Mezzanine Card connector. The connector provides direct access to FPGA digital input/output (DIO) lines and certain processor-specific functions for mating custom daughter cards. NI Single-Board RIO alleviates the effort of designing an entire system from scratch so designers can focus on the custom parts of their applications, such as the I/O.
With the new devices, engineers can achieve the shorter time to market of an off-the-shelf system along with the I/O customization offered by in-house designs, providing the best of both worlds. The devices also feature built-in analog I/O so engineers can take advantage of the company’s industry-leading analog expertise in addition to their application-specific circuitry. The devices’ low-cost, small form factor; built-in I/O; real-time processor; and FPGA provide an ideal platform for embedded monitoring and control applications in industries such as medical and energy.
• NI sbRIO-9623: 256 MB of memory, 128 MB RAM, 16 channels of 12-bit analog input, 4 channels of 12-bit analog output, 4 DIO, 96 RMC DIO
• NI sbRIO-9626: 512 MB of memory, 256 MB RAM, 16 channels of 16-bit analog input, 4 channels of 16-bit analog output, 4 DIO, 96 RMC DIO
• NI sbRIO-9633: 256 MB of memory, 128 MB RAM, 16 channels of 12-bit analog input, 4 channels of 12-bit analog output, 28 DIO
• NI sbRIO-9636: 512 MB of memory, 256 MB RAM, 16 channels of 16-bit analog input, 4 channels of 16-bit analog output, 28 DIO
Learn more by viewing these additional resources:
• Product: See What’s New With NI Single-Board RIO
• Video: NI Single-Board RIO Out of the Box
About NI RIO
NI reconfigurable I/O (RIO) hardware combined with NI LabVIEW system design software provides a commercial off-the-shelf solution to simplify development and shorten time to market when designing advanced control, monitoring and test systems. NI RIO hardware, which includes CompactRIO, NI Single-Board RIO, R Series devices and PXI-based NI FlexRIO, features an architecture with powerful floating-point processors, reconfigurable FPGAs and modular I/O. Engineers can program all NI RIO hardware components with NI LabVIEW to rapidly create custom timing, signal processing and control for I/O without requiring expertise in low-level hardware description languages or board-level design.
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI’s graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company’s long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
Pricing and Contact Information
NI sbRIO-96xx, Contact NI for pricing information