LexisNexis, a leading provider of content and technology solutions, today announced the introduction of CaseMap® 10, a new version of the company’s award-winning fact and issue management software that now features full-text search capabilities and bulk importing of electronic documents into the CaseMap database.
The significantly enhanced search capabilities allow CaseMap 10 users to conduct full-text searches across the entire CaseMap case database of spreadsheets and documents, enabling them to pinpoint key information and hard-to-find evidence in just seconds.
The new comprehensive document importing capability makes it easier for litigation professionals to work with all documents related to a case, quickly locate key information and jumpstart case analysis. CaseMap 10 enables users to upload virtually all types of documents – regardless of whether it’s a PDF, email or Word file – in order to access all information related to a case in one location. It also supports bulk OCR (Optical Character Recognition) of documents, making text within images and graphics in a document searchable.
"As they prepare cases, litigators and their professional support staff need to be able to easily find and manage case information in one place so they can quickly draw connections between facts, issues and research," said Tiffany Williamson, vice president for LexisNexis® CaseMap®. "With all-new features such as easier document importing, faster full-text search capabilities supplemented with OCR technology, customizable spreadsheets, real-time collaboration tools, and Microsoft Word and Outlook integration – all in one powerful offering – CaseMap 10 addresses these needs and empowers our customers to drive greater efficiency and better case outcomes."
Additional key features of CaseMap 10 software include:
• Customizable spreadsheets – CaseMap 10 users can now create their own customized spreadsheets and rename existing spreadsheets in CaseMap to tailor their spreadsheets to best suit their unique needs.
• Enhanced reporting – Users can now select and embed documents into their PDF reports, which allows for easier fact tracking and faster case analysis.
• Microsoft® Office integration – CaseMap 10 integrates with Microsoft Word, Outlook® and SharePoint®, allowing users to seamlessly send work product and case data to CaseMap from within Microsoft applications, either by highlighting specific facts or sending the full document. Litigation professionals can achieve significant efficiency benefits by centralizing key case documents and facts in CaseMap without having to enter the information twice, cut and paste sections of text or otherwise duplicate their work.
• Real-time collaboration – Users can install a SharePoint "Web part" to view real-time CaseMap data (e.g. spreadsheets) on a case team or matter, as well as grant access to the page for users who do not have access to CaseMap (e.g. clients and co-counsel).
• Optional CaseMap DocManager function – CaseMap 10 users can choose to add on the new CaseMap DocManager feature, which allows them to automate the process of creating PDFs and TIFFs so they no longer have to manually produce them one at a time. This removes inefficiencies in the litigation support workflow and saves considerable time when an attorney needs to create evidence books during case preparation. CaseMap DocManager also allows users to search and view the hits highlighted within these documents, annotate, bates stamp and batch print.
The LexisNexis CaseMap suite has won more than 50 legal industry awards for its innovative use of technology that helps litigators better manage their cases. The new functionality now available with CaseMap 10 was developed as a result of extensive customer feedback.
About LexisNexis Legal & Professional
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional (lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.