Amid ongoing turmoil in the financial industry, a select group of local mortgage professionals has formed the Mortgage Alliance of Southwest Florida, a coalition of like-minded individuals in the mortgage industry who share common values.
The Mortgage Alliance has been formed to offer leadership and education during these tumultuous times, and is dedicated to promoting high professional standards and expert service.
The group seeks to make clear to the local real estate industry and the public that using an independent mortgage professional is the better choice when looking for home financing. Independent mortgage professionals have the experience, knowledge, local presence and ability to compare loans from various lenders to best meet the needs of the customer, while banks are only able to offer their own loan products.
Also, while bank loan originators are not required to be licensed or certified, mortgage professionals must pass state and federal testing and exhibit personal financial responsibility and probity in their own financial affairs.
The alliance also seeks to inform the community of recent changes that have negatively affected the consumer and how to navigate the requirements of the current environment.
The organization is committed to the following goals:
• Maintain high professional and ethical standards
• Provide customer-focused service which strives to do what’s best for the client
• Serve as a competitive alternative to banks
• Provide knowledge of the local market
• Provide expert service through years of experience and continuing education
• Support the local community
• Serve as home finance experts – No checking/savings/cross-sell incentives which take away from the focus of closing loans
• Maintain clear communication
• Stay accessible to customers and all parties involved in the transaction
• Close on time.
Mortgage Alliance professionals are members of the Sarasota Association of Realtors, Manatee Association of Realtors, Mortgage Bankers Association and Florida Association of Mortgage Professionals.
Members of the Mortgage Alliance include: Joe Adamaitis, Academy Mortgage Corp.; Leslie Swart, Blue Skye Lending; Marci Walker, Blue Skye Lending; Geoff Allison, Blue Skye Lending; Joseph Knight, Gulf Coast Mortgages of Southwest Florida; Lill Denham, Gulf Coast Mortgages of Southwest Florida; Sean Martin, Martin Funding Corp.; and Bob Ward, Prospect Mortgage.