Twice as fast as SATA-II, the new Verbatim 2.5’’ SATA-III SSDs take full advantage of the SATA-III bandwidth and provide extraordinary data transfer rates up to 550MB/sec READ and 510MB/sec WRITE speed, faster system boot up and improved system responsiveness. These advantages make Verbatim SSDs an ideal hard drive replacement storage solution for notebook and desktop PCs. The products are available now.
Available in 120GB and 240GB
• Twice as fast as SATA-II with up to 550MB/sec read speed and 510MB/sec write speed;
• Host transfer speed 6Gb/s;
• Faster system boot up;
• Improved battery life and system responsiveness;
• Increased shock resistance over HDD;
• Features high-end SandForce 2281 controller with advanced wear leveling, sophisticated EDC/ECC, and garbage collection algorithms to maintain stable and reliable performance and error correction for reliable long-term performance;
• S.M.A.R.T. (Self Monitoring and Reporting Technology) capability and native TRIM support for Windows 7 operating systems;
• 2 year warranty.
SSDs use semi-conductor flash memory chips to store data so, unlike hard disk drives, have no moving parts. This makes them more mechanically stable and far less prone to failure. Additionally they make no noise and only use very little energy.
Rüdiger Theobald, Marketing Director for Verbatim EUMEA: “The new Verbatim 2.5’’ SATA-III SSDs are very fast and offer longer battery life, faster response, additional robustness and faster system boot up. The increased shock resistance of SSD technology makes them the ideal storage replacement in portable computers due to the fact that hard disk drives are more susceptible to shocks.”
• Capacities: 120GB/ 240GB
• Interface: SATA-III 6Gb/sec
• Host transfer speed: 6Gb/s (backwards compatible with SATA-I and SATA-II)
• Max Read Speed: Up to 550MB/sec
• Max Write Speed: Up to 510MB/sec
• System Requirements:
• Windows 7, Vista, XP
• Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
• Linux 2.4.0 or higher
• Faster system boot-up;
• Improved battery life;
• Improved system and application performance;
• Increased shock resistance;
• Silent operation.
Since 1969, Verbatim (verbatim.com) has been shaping the development of data storage technology – from Floppy Disks and Magneto-Optical storage media, CD and DVD formats to the latest High Definition media Blu-ray. Moreover, Verbatim offers high quality products in the field of Portable USB Drives, Flash Memory Cards, SSD and External Hard Drives as well as a broad variety of computer Accessories. Verbatim is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, a member of the Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation and benefits from the outstanding research and development department. With these innovations Verbatim has played a key role in shaping the storage media market. Ultra-strict quality controls during the manufacturing process ensure the high quality of Verbatim’s products, which have been the winners of numerous international comparative tests. The company is the worldwide market leader for Optical Media.
Since 2010 Verbatim has been developing and selling energy-efficient LED/OLED lighting products for consumer and business applications, based on core technologies provided by Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation. For more information, please visit verbatimlighting.com/.