NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom, 2012/02/06 - Sync any database with iPhone, iPad or iPod using the latest MobiForms Sync Server - MobiForms.com.
Following last summer's successful release of the cross-platform MobiForms developer tool for Apple iOS devices including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch the MobiForms team have now added Apple iOS support to the MobiForms Sync Server.
The MobiForms Sync Server enables bi-directional data replication, synchronisation and offline buffering between just about any master back office database server or ERP package (such as Oracle Apps, SAP, Navision, Dynamics etc.), and any MobiForms mobile client running on Apple iOS or a host of other mobile platforms such as Windows Mobile and Google Android smartphones and tablets. Supported back office database servers include Oracle, SQL Server, Access, Sybase, IBM DB2, SQLite, HSQLDB, Firebird and MySQL.
The MobiForms Sync Server is part of the MobiForms Advanced Edition and includes the MobiForms Developer.
The MobiForms Advanced Edition now supports the full mobile development lifecycle for Apple iOS database apps including:
- Definition of database replication rules from the master database or ERP package;
- Creation and definition of mobile users;
- Building a seed mobile database based on a subset of the master database;
- Creation of a mobile application using the seed mobile database;
- Deployment of the mobile application and seed mobile database;
- Bi-directional data replication and status updates between the master database and the mobile client database.
Unlike most competing products, the MobiForms Advanced Edition (mobiforms.com) offers a total solution for a once off licence fee. The licence includes an unlimited number of MobiForms clients running on Tablet PC, Pocket PC, Windows CE, Windows Mobile, Windows Smartphone, Symbian, and Google Android smartphones and tablets. For Apple iOS there is a token registration fee per device.