Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS), a leading global supplier of high performance power and mobile products, will showcase its latest industry-leading technology at IIC China 2012, in Booth 1Q19, at the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center, from February 23-25.
The focus will be on technology innovation in six key areas: power supplies, sustainable energy, LED lighting, motion control, DC-DC power management, and mobile devices. In addition to a wide array of booth exhibits and informational displays for these six key areas, there will be a series of live product demos.
“We are very excited to be back at IIC China," said Sammy Lam, Director of Sales, South China Region, at Fairchild Semiconductor. "This year, Fairchild is placing a major emphasis on new products that offer key, focused solutions for our customers in the AP region. For example, we've recently launched several products in LED lighting, giving us a major competitive advantage in the industry; and these LED products are just a fraction of the solutions Fairchild will be highlighting this year."
Power technology demonstrations
- Power Supplies: Fairchild will be demonstrating how power supply units can achieve low power consumption and high efficiency for different applications, such as battery chargers and adaptors. The demo will illustrate how Fairchild Semiconductor's mWSaver™ technology offers best-in-class minimum no-load and light-load power consumption to meet current and proposed worldwide standards and regulations, and enables designers to achieve reduced form factors, improved reliability and lower system costs. Fairchild will also demonstrate high power applications, featuring, in this case, the Fairchild Power Switch (FPS™) product family. An interactive demo will also show how the Power Supply WebDesign (PSW) tool can provide a complete flyback design in minutes.
- In the area of Sustainable Energy, Fairchild will demonstrate solutions for power conversion applications, in the design of solar inverters, for example. Fairchild's IGBTs, high voltage rectifiers and SuperFET® MOSFETs are ideal for power conversion for sustainable energy, as a result of the high efficiency and reliability that can be achieved.
- Fairchild offers a broad portfolio of LED lighting solutions for low-, mid- and high-power lighting applications, which allows designers to simplify supply chain complexity by reducing the number of vendors required. At IIC China 2012, Fairchild will showcase its single-stage primary side regulation (PSR) controller with power factor correction (PFC). This low power solution supports both TRIAC and analog dimming compatibility and the precise Constant Current accuracy/control (+/-5 percent) regulates accurate output current, independent of input and output voltage, allowing designers to achieve high and improved lighting quality. Also on display will be a complete driver solution for high power applications (>150W) using the FL7930C voltage mode PFC controller
- Motion Control: At IIC China 2012, Fairchild will give a live demonstration of highly compact, reliable and power-efficient motion and motor control – for home appliances. This demo will highlight Fairchild's smart power module Motion-SPM™ products. Fairchild will also demonstrate the use of a brushless DC motor (BLDC) controller, in this case for a home appliance application, the fan motor of an air conditioner. This demo will feature Fairchild's SPM5 series of smart power modules. Other motor control solutions on display will include IGBTs, HV MOSFETs and SPM® products for power blocks, as well as Fairchild’s FSL series of Fairchild Power Switches (FPS) for auxiliary power units.
- DC-DC Power Management: Fairchild will demonstrate its expertise in achieving power savings with an extensive array of high-efficiency DC-DC options that combine power analog and perfectly matched discrete components with advanced packaging. Preview the latest products on display at the Fairchild booth for the optimum combination of controller, drivers and MOSFETs in a wide range of DC-DC performance and size specifications.
Mobile technology demonstrations
- Fairchild offers a wide range of products for mobile applications and the very latest will be on display at the Fairchild booth. A notable event at this year's show will be a live demonstration of the Fairchild Reference Phone. A wide range of block diagrams will also be on display, highlighting Fairchild's comprehensive range of solutions targeting mobile applications.
Fairchild will also have technical support representatives available for consultation at the show. "Our highly trained application engineers will be on site at IIC China. They look forward to assisting our customers and attendees at the show to help solve the many design challenges they face," Lam said.
IIC China 2012 Conference
Fairchild technical experts will present white papers at the Smartphone and Green Power conference sessions.
Edwin Lee, Senior Marketing Manager, will present,"How to Enhance Smart Functions in Typical Smartphone Design," on Thursday, February 23, from 11:10am-11:50am. Smart phones and media tablets are the fastest growing segments of the wireless communications market. Lee will outline the new solutions, which will help enhance the smart phone or media tablet design.
Kenfa Qian, Technical Marketing Manager, will present,"Low-Power LED Lighting Trends & Solutions," on Thursday, February 23, from 3:00pm-3:40pm. Qian will introduce low-power LED lighting applications and forecast market trends, while reviewing the design challenges these entail. He will also outline how Fairchild solutions allow designers to meet these challenges.
All visitors to IIC China 2012 are welcome to meet with Fairchild Semiconductor in Booth 1Q19.
Fairchild Semiconductor: Solutions for Your Success™
About Fairchild Semiconductor
Fairchild Semiconductor (fairchildsemi.com) – global presence, local support, smart ideas. Fairchild delivers energy-efficient, easy-to-use and value-added semiconductor solutions for power and mobile designs. We help our customers differentiate their products and solve difficult technical challenges with our expertise in power and signal path products.
Follow us on Twitter @ twitter.com/FairchildSemi | Blog @ fairchildsemi.com/engineeringconnections | Facebook @ facebook.com/FairchildSemiconductor
Lisa Liu, Senior Corporate Marketing Manager, Asia Pacific
T: +852 2722 8326 / F: +852 3579 211 - E: lisa.liu[.]fairchildsemi.com.
Claire Walker / Karrie Lee, Techworks Asia Ltd
T: +852 2525 3980 - E: claire[.]techworksasia.com / karrie[.]techworksasia.com.