NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Elkmont, AL, United States, 2012/01/30 - Meet the newest member of the Belle Chevre goat cheese product line, handmade sugar cookies frosted with artisan goat cheese icing. Customizable for all occasions - BelleChevre.com.
Belle Chevre, the nation’s most creative cheese company, announces its debut in the dessert case with a new line of goat cheese-frosted cookies. These cookies are made with a secret recipe and feature a frosting crafted from Belle Chevre’s award-winning goat cheese. Goat cheese is the world’s most versatile cheese, enhancing recipes from breakfast to dessert.
The cookies are new and unique to the market, and along with Belle’s recently introduced cheesecakes, mark the dessert-case debut of the creamery’s cheese:
• They are made with local, artisan ingredients (the chevre, eggs, and often the milk).
• Goat cheese and milk is a healthier alternative to cow’s milk products (less fat, calories; more protein and nutrients), i.e. cream cheese or milk-based frostings.
• These cookies are one-of-a-kind, and you can feel good about them.
The evergreen cookies offered year-round will consist of goats, colorful and fun squares, and the Belle Chevre logo, Belle’s head. Special seasonal cookies will also be offered in time for party favors, giving, and entertaining. They will consist of:
• Candy Cane Hearts (February)
• Love Hearts (February)
• spunky Easter eggs (March/April)
• Margaritas and Limes, perfect for Cinco de Mayo (May-August)
• Graduation Caps (May/June)
• Watermelons (June-August)
• Polaroid cameras (June-August)
• Stars a la American flag (July)
• Footballs (August-December)
• Alabama OR Auburn round cookies (August-December)
• Black & White Spooks: Jack from Nightmare Before Christmas, Spiderwebs, and Ghost (October)
• Moustaches, in honor of Movember (November)
• Pumpkin Pie with Slice (November/December)
• Pretty Presents (December)
• Snowflakes (December).
At the moment, cookies will be for sale on bellechevre.com, by the half dozen ($18) and the dozen ($36). They make the perfect gift and party favor and are unbelievably delicious. All of Belle Chevre’s products are available in stores nationwide and online.
Who is Belle Chevre?
Belle Chevre (bellechevre.com) has produced a variety of internationally acclaimed chevres since 1989 using time-tested European farmstead techniques. The company is purposefully small, and each chevre is hand made in Alabama by its passionate cheese makers. Belle Chèvre cheeses have received numerous national awards from the American Cheese Society and the American Dairy Goat Association, and have been featured by Martha Stewart, Oprah, and everyone in between.