NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2012/01/26 - Oracle’s Demantra Real-Time Sales and Operations Planning and Oracle Hyperion Planning Provide Foundation That Helps Yield Stronger Profits (NASDAQ: ORCL). NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Leggett & Platt, a manufacturer of a variety of engineered components for residential, retail and industrial markets, has improved the profitability and performance of its global supply chain with help from Oracle solutions.
By adopting Oracle Hyperion Planning and Oracle’s Value Chain Planning suite, which includes Oracle's Demantra Real-Time Sales and Operations Planning, Leggett & Platt was able to improve supply chain operations, resulting in an increase in earnings.
Manufacturer Improves Supply Chain Predictability and Reliability
• A manufacturer of metal goods for businesses since it invented the bed spring more than 125 years ago, Leggett & Platt is focused on distributing innovative new products to customers quickly and seamlessly.
• To support the growing demands of its customers, including large national and global brands, Leggett & Platt needed to replace its disparate legacy systems with a consolidated sales and operations planning (S&OP) process that could help streamline operations and optimize customer service.
• After a competitive review of technology vendors, including SAP, Leggett & Platt selected Oracle’s Demantra Real-Time Sales and Operations Planning and Oracle Hyperion Planning to synchronize and balance supply and demand across its global supply chain and connect operational planning with financial goals.
• With help from global business management consulting and education firm, Oliver Wight, the company was able to deploy on time and within budget.
• By leveraging Oracle’s Demantra Real-Time Sales and Operations Planning and Oracle Hyperion Planning to modernize its supply chain, Leggett & Platt now has real-time visibility into global resources and the ability to analyze opportunities and demand for a full 18-month forecast.
• In addition, the new system has improved executive visibility into demand management and supply planning, allowing Leggett & Platt to achieve a high-level view into its resources and the overall health of the business.
• Leggett & Platt’s supply chain improvement initiative, supported by Oracle software and implementation services from Oliver Wight, earned a 2011 Managing Automation Progressive Manufacturing Award in the Supply Network Mastery category.
“To sustain our growth, we realized that we needed to improve operations within our supply chain,” said Randall Wood, staff vice president of Leggett & Platt’s business system office. “The S&OP process we implemented, based on Oracle’s comprehensive and advanced solutions, was a key element in fully developing and leveraging our global supply chain as a competitive advantage. It has increased visibility and streamlined processes, resulting in improved profitability.”
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to oracle.com/applications.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Joan Levy, Blanc & Otus
P: +1.415.856.5110 / E: jlevy[.]blancandotus.com.