NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2012/01/24 - Accreditation Canada International, a world leader in health care quality improvement services, announced today nine new health care standards as part of its Qmentum International accreditation program - InternationalAccreditation.ca.
The announcement was made at Arab Health 2012, the largest health care exhibition and congress in the Middle East. (stand SAD51)
The Qmentum International program helps health organizations achieve quality improvement, patient safety and cost reduction goals by providing a sustainable approach that focuses on step-by-step implementation and capacity-building within the organization. Based on 50 years of accreditation experience, Accreditation Canada International’s standards are among the most rigorous and comprehensive in the international community.
The new standards aim to improve care and patient safety worldwide across a wide range of health care practices:
- Cancer Care Services Standards are for organizations responsible for preventing, screening, diagnosing, and treating cancer.
- Developmental Disabilities Services Standards are for organizations providing services across the continuum of care for children, youth, and adults with developmental disabilities, and their families.
- Home Care Services Standards are for organizations offering clinical and non-clinical services to support clients, families, and caregivers in the community.
- Mental Health Services Standards are for organizations providing mental health services and supports, including mental health promotion and education, early intervention services, crisis intervention, and counselling and therapyPublic Health Services Standards address the core functions of a public health system including community health assessment, health surveillance, health promotion, health protection, and disease and injury prevention.
- Rehabilitation Services Standards are for organizations providing rehabilitation services in an acute care setting (i.e., inpatient or outpatient services) or an independent clinic.
- Semi-residential and Residential Services Standards are for organizations providing services either in a senior day centre, retirement residence, or long-term care home.
- Substance Abuse and Addiction Services Standards are for organizations providing substance abuse and addiction services in the community.
- Animal Health and Food Safety Services Standards are for organizations responsible for planning, designing, delivering, and evaluating services that address veterinary public health functions in their communities.
“Accreditation Canada International is very excited to announce these new standards; they address the changing and growing needs of health organizations, as well as enrich our world-leading Qmentum International accreditation program,” said Sébastien Audette, Accreditation Canada International’s CEO. “This vast array of international health care standards and tools, being continuously developed and maintained in various languages, is now being adopted by a growing number of national accreditation organizations.”
About Accreditation Canada International (ACI)
Accreditation Canada International (internationalaccreditation.ca) is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization that specializes in offering health care quality improvement services to health organizations worldwide. ACI provides governments, international institutions and health care organizations with a comprehensive service portfolio that delivers leading edge accreditation, education and advisory services, as well as a client-centric approach to service that focuses on evidence-based standards and external peer review. ACI works with organizations to foster a dynamic and improved health care environment, while creating a lasting culture of commitment to health care quality improvement.
For additional information, contact:
Liane Craig, Director, Strategic Communications Accreditation Canada