This week, GE’s (NYSE: GE) Digital Energy business is in San Antonio, Texas, at one of the largest technology tradeshows for utilities in North America, DistribuTECH 2012 to demonstrate grid modernization technologies that meet our 21st century energy challenges, such as increasing energy demand and aging infrastructure. GE’s ecomaginationSM products—including FieldSmart™ mobile mapping software, FDIR technology, Packaged Control Solution, microgrid system and consumer-empowering Grid IQ™: Demand Optimization system—along with many more advanced grid technologies, are key to increasing the efficiency, reliability and sustainability of our global power infrastructure.
“GE’s innovative technologies address the needs of our changing energy landscape,” said Mike Carlson, general manager, smart grid solutions for GE’s Digital Energy business. “From increasing efficiency and reliability to enabling more renewable energy and empowering consumers, we are delivering solutions that will drive our industry forward. GE is proud to work with our utility customers and a wide variety of industry collaborators to help meet our energy challenges. We look forward to the great ideas that will come out of this week’s event.”
A sponsor of this year’s DistribuTECH event, GE is presenting a number of papers at the conference, including some with its utility partners. Highlights include:
“AEP’s gridSMART®: Grid Management Interoperability Unlocks Additional Utility Benefits”
“GIS as the Foundation for a Smarter Utility: EPCOR’s GIS Replacement Project”
“Detroit Edison’s Smart Grid Roadmap: Results, Challenges and Lessons Learned in Demand Side Management”
In DistribuTECH Booth 1732, GE is unveiling an interactive way for attendees to explore GE’s solutions portfolio. Using one of six large touch screen Solution Explorers, attendees can learn about more than 32 GE solutions through interactive brochures, case studies and movies. GE’s Distribution Explorer presents six interactive challenge and solution simulations on a 12 ft by 6 ft video wall.
Technologies on display in GE Booth 1732 include:
• Integrated Solutions—A broad portfolio of grid modernization products and services integrated as solutions to help solve utility problems.
• Metering Solutions—Industry-leading electricity metering solutions for both residential and commercial applications.
• Home Energy Solutions—The latest GE technologies empowering consumers to better manage energy usage and costs, including the GE WattStation™ electric vehicle charger, GE Nucleus and smart appliances.
• Substation & Feeder Automation—Protection, control and automation products and systems maximizing grid reliability, efficiency, security and operational excellence.
• Advanced DMS—Advanced functionality for effectively and efficiently operating the distribution network.
• Demand Optimization—A holistic solution delivering functionality for demand response, load curtailment and economic dispatch.
• Mobile Solutions—Easy-to-use software for connecting the mobile workforce with enterprise and operational systems to improve efficiency and productivity.
• Smallworld Office—A full suite of asset management applications to service electricity, gas, water and telecommunications industries.
• Advanced Analytics—In a world of increasingly complex data, delivering value and insight through visualization.
GE (NYSE: GE) is an advanced technology, services and finance company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. Dedicated to innovation in energy, health, transportation and infrastructure, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs about 300,000 people worldwide.
GE (ge.com) also serves the energy sector by providing technology and service solutions that are based on a commitment to quality and innovation. The company continues to invest in new technology solutions and grow through strategic acquisitions to strengthen its local presence and better serve customers around the world. The businesses that comprise GE Energy—GE Power & Water, GE Energy Management and GE Oil & Gas—work together with more than 90,000 global employees and 2010 revenues of $38 billion, to provide integrated product and service solutions in all areas of the energy industry, including coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy; renewable resources such as water, wind, solar and biogas; as well as other alternative fuels and new grid-modernization technologies to meet 21st century energy needs.
GE news, Masto Public Relations - E: information[.]mastopr.com.