DocuSign announced today that the company grew its number of users to 13 million in 2011, up from six million users at the end of 2010. At the same time, the company achieved extraordinary customer satisfaction and loyalty as measured by a 54.5% Net Promoter score revealed through surveys administered by independent, third party Waypoint Group. With twelve quarters of consecutive revenue and network growth, and more than 110 million transactions processed on the DocuSIgn Global Network to date, the company furthered its leadership position as the global standard for electronic signature.
“More global enterprises, business departments, and individual professionals trust their signatures to DocuSign than all other SaaS-based eSignature providers combined,” said Keith Krach, Chairman and CEO at DocuSign. “With the launch of DocuSign Ink as the world’s first personal electronic signature for consumers and the ongoing strength of our core business solutions yielding extraordinary customer loyalty, we expect our product’s viral network effect to fuel continued record growth in 2012.”
“DocuSign is bringing electronic signature to mainstream audiences,” said Roger Kay, founder and president of Endpoint Technologies Associates. “From consumers to individual professionals to businesses of all sizes, anyone can take advantage of the efficiencies of DocuSign’s eSignature capabilities.”
The company announced a series of successes throughout the course of 2011, contributing to the company’s momentum and rapid growth, including:
• Continued industry standardization on DocuSign– DocuSign’s eSignature solution has become the de facto standard for financial services, credit unions, banking, wealth management, insurance, mortgage, real estate, and many other industries with tens of thousands of new customers joining the DocuSign Global Network in 2011, including BMW Financial Services, Cooley LLP, Haagen-Dazs Shoppe Company, Hesser College, IKON Financial Services, Lease Crutcher Lewis, National Bank of Kansas City, Sage Payment Solutions, Standex, State Employees Federal Credit Union, Sunguard Availability Services, and many others.
- Dramatic growth among credit unions – Continued widespread adoption of DocuSign’s eSignature solution with more than 300 credit unions standardizing on DocuSign in 2011.
- Doubling of success in real estate – Use of DocuSign for REALTORS® Professional Edition grew 100% year over year, and the company established and grew partnerships with dozens of real estate associations and multiple listing services (MLS).
• International expansion to support worldwide growth – DocuSign expanded its international presence further building out its London office to support existing customers and continue to grow global sales and operations. The company closed more than fifty International deals in Q4 2011.
• The launch of DocuSign Ink – The world’s first-ever personal electronic signature, DocuSign Ink eliminates the hassles and costs of printing, faxing, scanning, and overnighting signed documents so consumers can finish personal business faster and get on with the business of life. Apple® named DocuSign Ink a Top 5 Productivity App for 2011.
• New partners, integrations and apps leveraging DocuSign’s open API – DocuSign delivered new apps throughout 2011 for the Apple® iPhone® and iPad™, as well as eight new connectors, including DocuSign for Salesforce 3.5, Microsoft Dynamics CRM On Demand, Microsoft SharePoint, Google Enterprise Apps, Google Chrome, and Sugar CRM. The DocuSign Marketplace grew with thirty new partner applications that integrate with and enhance the value of DocuSign’s eSignature solution. Nearly one hundred companies created new IT applications with DocuSign’s open API.
• Most trusted & reliable eSignature network – DocuSign remained the most trusted eSignature solution among Global 2000 and Fortune 500 companies, passing rigorous third-party audits and customer security assessments of top Fortune 100 companies. DocuSign renewed and achieved new security certifications: ISO/IEC 27001: 2005 Information Security Management System (ISMS), PCI DSS, SSAE 16/SAS70 Type II, TRUSTe international certification, and U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor.
• New leadership and company growth – DocuSign added new executive leadership talent to compliment the cloud computing and technology industry veterans at the company, including Keith Krach as chairman and chief executive officer, Joe Fuca as senior vice president of global sales, Harry Safstrom as vice president of organizational development, Doug Bryan as vice president of operational excellence, Marc Carlson as vice president of North American Sales, and others. The company grew from 122 employees at the start of the year to 192 by end of year.
“DocuSign’s customers rave about the company’s electronic signature solution, and how it’s improved their business results,” said Steve Bernstein, Principal at Waypoint Group. “In the ten-plus years of doing this work we don’t often encounter a client so committed to customer success and taking action on customer feedback – and it has certainly paid dividends to both DocuSign and their customers. DocuSign customers loudly assert that DocuSign accelerates their business growth by expanding their company’s base of opportunities, providing a clear differentiator to them as a business, and increasing the speed of decision making for their customers, partners, and employees.”
Global enterprises, business departments, individual professionals, and consumers interested in learning more about DocuSign electronic signature should visit docusign.com/.
Jennifer Fleming, TallGrass PR
P: 605-275-4075 / E: jennifer.fleming[.]tallgrasspr.com
About DocuSign, Inc.
DocuSign® (docusign.com) is the global standard for eSignature. DocuSign helps customers accelerate transaction cycle times to increase speed to revenue, reduce costs, and enhance customer satisfaction with the easiest, fastest, most secure global network for sending, signing, tracking, and storing documents in the cloud. For more information call 1.877.720.2040. Visit the DocuSign blog at docusign.com/blog and follow DocuSign on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.