NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2012/01/17 - Enhanced search capabilities, new dashboards and iPad certification in PeopleTools 8.52 improve end user productivity and usability. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Reinforcing its commitment to help customers maximize the value of Oracle’s PeopleSoft applications, Oracle today announced a new release of Oracle’s PeopleSoft PeopleTools.
PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.52 includes valuable enhancements to the user interface, search functionality and reporting capabilities designed to improve end user productivity and reduce the total cost of ownership for PeopleSoft customers.
As part of the upgrade, all versions of PeopleSoft are now fully supported on the iPad, enabling customers to access any version of PeopleSoft applications anywhere and at any time through the intuitive iPad user interface.
Functionality Updates Drive User Adoption and Productivity
• Oracle’s PeopleSoft PeopleTools is a comprehensive development toolset that enables application developers to build and customize PeopleSoft applications quickly and easily.
Enhancements within PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.52 include:
- Intuitive keyword search: PeopleSoft Application Search simplifies the navigation of application content, business objects and business processes. This version of PeopleTools provides simple, familiar searching capabilities, similar to a common search engine, enabling users to quickly and easily find critical information. In order to provide even greater levels of productivity, the new - PeopleTools search includes an integrated related-action framework that enables users to take contextual actions directly from the search results.
- Mobile access on the iPad: Certification for the iPad gives PeopleSoft users an intuitive and safe platform with functionality targeted to optimize their dynamic business needs. Oracle is the only enterprise resource planning (ERP) vendor that offers a comprehensive enterprise suite on the iPad.
- Interactive user interface: Updated, interactive pagelets and inter-pagelet communication features in Workcenters and Dashboards enable the configuration and deployment of functionally rich, highly usable applications.
- Integrated reporting functionality: Data retrieval and reporting enhancements for Oracle BI Publisher, PeopleSoft Query, Pivot Grids, Oracle Essbase and nVision improve user productivity.
The release of PeopleTools 8.52 is the latest update Oracle has delivered to extend the value of PeopleSoft applications between major releases. This new release of PeopleTools powers Oracle’s recently introduced Oracle’s PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 Feature Pack 2, which delivered key updates to user experience, navigation and search.
“Oracle delivers once again with PeopleTools 8.52! The functionality in PeopleTools 8.52 harnesses all the features that end-users need with an intuitive interface,” said Lawrence J. Bastianelli III, Global Director – HRIS, Covidien.
“Thousands of customers around the world depend on Oracle’s PeopleSoft to help run their organizations, and any way we can improve user experience and adoption directly supports their business success,” said Paco Aubrejuan, group vice president, Oracle’s PeopleSoft. “With the release of Oracle’s PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.52, we have delivered improvements to user interface, search and mobility to extend the value of PeopleSoft to our customers.”
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Joan Levy, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415.856.5110 - E: jlevy[.]blancandotus.com