NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2012/01/12 - New carrier-grade servers deliver record-breaking performance, higher scalability and efficiency for 4g network infrastructures and cloud-based deployments (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Oracle today announced new Netra SPARC T-Series servers based on the SPARC T4 processor, the first processor designed to meet the demands of application workloads in communications network infrastructure.
Oracle’s new Netra T-Series servers with Oracle Solaris 11, the first cloud OS, are ideal for next generation telecommunications, providing the performance, scalability and efficiency required for 4G network infrastructures and cloud-based deployments. These systems are built for communications companies seeking to increase capacity, improve security, and rapidly deploy unique services with maximum efficiency.
Oracle’s Netra SPARC T4 servers deliver up to 5x better single-threaded performance than the previous generation while maintaining massive throughput on multi-threaded applications.
On Oracle Communications ASAP, used by the world's largest communications service providers to activate a variety of services, the new Netra SPARC T4-2 server delivered nearly a 2x performance improvement over previous generation systems with each SPARC T4 processor providing over 7x the performance of the Intel Itanium 1.7 GHz processor in an HP server.
The new Netra SPARC T4-2 server also set a world record on SPECjvm2008, spotlighting its ability to deliver massive throughput on real world, multi-threaded Java applications(1). This record result demonstrates Netra SPARC T-Series platforms are well-suited for running both commercial and communications industry workloads.
Oracle will host a Webcast on January 24 at 9 am PT to provide a deeper dive into its new Netra SPARC T-Series servers.
Oracle’s Netra SPARC T4 Servers Help Reduce Service Development Times and Help Lower Costs
• Oracle’s Netra SPARC T4 servers help shorten service development and deployment times by providing extensive built-in capabilities, including integrated on-chip cryptographic acceleration, as well as Oracle VM Server for SPARC and Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center at no additional cost with systems support.
• Oracle Solaris 11 is engineered to provide cloud-scale life cycle management with secure, fail-safe boot environments, safe roll-backs, 4x faster upgrades and 2.5x faster system re-boots.
• Additionally, new, integrated network virtualization in Oracle Solaris 11 allows customers to create high-performance, low-cost secure execution environments within a single OS instance for ultimate flexibility, bandwidth control and observability. Oracle Solaris 11 Zones are also 15x more efficient than VMware.
• Oracle’s new Netra servers also support Oracle's Sun Storage 2500-M2 storage arrays, which are NEBS Level 3-certified for communication network data center environments.
Oracle offers the broadest range of NEBS-certified servers and storage and the only complete solutions portfolio spanning the communications industry landscape.
“Oracle’s new Netra SPARC T4 servers with Oracle Solaris 11 deliver the performance and scale communications companies require to rapidly deploy new services and support cloud-based offerings,” said Raju Penumatcha, Vice President, Netra Systems and Networking, Oracle. “With Oracle’s new carrier-grade servers and complete solutions portfolio for the communications industry, customers have a rock solid platform for long-term service deployments.”
• Oracle’s Sun Netra Servers;
• Register for Oracle’s Netra T-Series Webcast on January 24;
• Oracle Benchmarks;
• Oracle Solaris on OTN;
• Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter;
• Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1)SPEC and SPECjvm are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation. Results from spec.org and this report as of 1/10/2012. Netra SPARC T4-2 454.52 SPECjvm2008 Peak ops/m submitted for review.
Drew Smith, Blanc & Otus
P: +1.415.856.5127 / E: dsmith[.]blancandotus.com.