A panel of over 4000 industry professionals selected the ICS-G7852 10 Gigabit industrial core switch out of a pool of 136 finalists for recognition in the "Networking and Communications" category.
"China is a global manufacturing center that is in the process of modernizing its industrial base with more advanced automation and networking technologies, so automation professionals in this market are very familiar with which solutions provide real value. We’re very pleased that the ICS-G7852 received the recognition of Control Engineering’s panel of professionals, as it confirms to the public at large what we’ve already known: the ICS-G7852 is a product with a high level of end-user respect in this important and growing region," said Li Peng, product manager at Moxa, Inc.
The ICS-G7852 is a core switch with an industry-leading four 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) ports and a maximum of 48 total Gigabit Ethernet ports. It has the connectivity and modular media flexibility to excel in high-performance and non-stop control center networking environments. With four ports of 10GbE network connectivity, the ICS forms a reliable, scalable, and future-proof network backbone with 10GbE ports to spare for redundant rings or uplinks. The ICS series’ industrial pedigree gives it added advantages over commercial switches, such as hot-swappable redundant power inputs, dual images, a reliable fanless design that never needs to be cleaned, and a recovery time of under 50 milliseconds using Moxa’s innovative network self-healing technologies, Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain.
Moxa ICS-G7852 Features:
• Up to 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports plus 2 or 4 10 Gigabit Ethernet slots
• Up to 52 optical fiber connections (SFP slots)
• L3 switching: Static routing, RIP V1/V2, OSPF, VRRP (ICS-G7848/G7850/G7852 series)
• Moxa Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain, and RSTP/STP for link layer network redundancy
• IEEE 1588 PTP, Modbus/TCP, LLDP, SNMP Inform, QoS, IGMP snooping, VLAN, IEEE 802.1X, HTTPS, SNMPv3, and SSH supported
• Modular design for maximum flexibility and hassle-free future expansion
• Hot-swappable media and power modules for continuous operation
• Isolated redundant power inputs with universal 110/220 VAC power supply input
• Fanless, 0 to 60°C wide operating temperature range.
The ICS-G7852 is part of Moxa’s wide range of industrial Ethernet solutions, including edge-to-core industrial Ethernet switches, industrial wireless Ethernet solutions, and industrial Ethernet gateways, which are designed to enable a converged automation network with ideal network response time, and impressive network resilience, security, and reliability.
"Moxa’s edge-to-core industrial Ethernet solutions enable customers to build up a single integrated Ethernet platform that consolidates networking applications and services. As one of the industry leaders and with our 24-year experience of industrial networking solutions, Moxa now provides professional industrial networking service (PiNS) to ensure a customers’ success in designing edge-to-core industrial networking solutions –something not many solution providers can offer," said Andy Cheng, senior manager of Moxa's Industrial Ethernet Infrastructure Business Division
More information on the ICS series and Moxa’s comprehensive edge-to-core industrial Ethernet solutions is available online.