NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2011/12/12 - Oracle also releases update to oracle communications services gatekeeper 5.0 to enhance third-party application development and optimize network utilization and control (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Oracle today announced the release of the Connected Digital Lifestyle Solution, providing communications service providers (CSPs) with a unified platform for service exposure, content management and delivery, and advertising to enable new revenue streams and increase customer loyalty.
Oracle also announced the availability of Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper 5.0 – part of Oracle’s Connected Digital Lifecycle solution – which enables communications service providers (CSPs) to leverage their key network assets – such as billing, messaging and location – to deliver innovative and revenue-generating applications.
Connected Digital Lifestyle Solution Details
Industry analysts estimate the value of the mobile applications market will range from $32 billion to $58 billion by 2014. Oracle’s Connected Digital Lifestyle solution enables CSPs to capitalize on this opportunity by creating their own digital content stores, with the ability to deliver personalized and/or differentiated content to drive increased network utilization and revenue.
Key features of Oracle’s Connected Digital Lifestyle solution include:
• End-to-end digital content retailing platform that enables CSPs to increase revenue and customer loyalty by deploying compelling, cross platform mobile device and web storefronts;
• Content lifecycle management system allowing CSPs to streamline content publishing processes and enable content providers to easily submit and track their content;
• In-application billing to simplify the purchasing experience and increase revenue through significantly higher conversion rates;
• Service exposure and policy enforcement platform allowing CSPs to monetize unique network assets – such as location data, subscriber profiles, Quality of Service and messaging – by exposing these assets as Web 2.0 application programming interfaces (APIs) to enable the creation of innovative applications and services;
• Multi-channel advertising capabilities – including short message service (SMS), multimedia message service (MMS), mobile web, in-application and video – to stimulate content consumption;
• Location and subscriber profile targeting to increase advertising effectiveness and drive new revenue generating opportunities – such as retailer geofencing.
Oracle’s Connected Digital Lifestyle solution components include Oracle Communications Digital Store, Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper and Oracle Communications Marketing and Advertising.
Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper 5.0 Product Details
Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper 5.0 is an open, standards-based service exposure and policy enforcement solution that enhances a CSP’s service delivery platform (SDP) to facilitate access to value-added network capabilities in a controlled, secure and automated fashion.
The updated release provides several enhancements including:
• Support for OneAPI – a common and Web-friendly set of APIs – to provide application developers with standards-based access to mobile operator network capabilities making it easier and more attractive to create innovative applications and services;
• OAuth 2.0 providing multi-channel authorization of subscriber owned resources by mobile or web applications. Service providers can leverage this feature to support authentication for any telecommunications or third-party service – such as charging and location – as well as provide identity management as a service, enabling users to log into third-party applications using their subscriber ID;
• Easy integration with the Wholesale Application Community (WAC) – a consortium of leading global mobile phone network operators and manufacturers committed to assisting developers in easily delivering compelling digital content;
• Rapid exposure and monetization of new telecommunications or third-party RESTful-based services, leveraging the platform’s security, policy control and partner management capabilities;
• Intuitive network API tools to enable the rapid and simplified creation and management of partner service level agreements and network services deployment.
"App store deployments and API exposure are major drivers of SDP investments," said Peter Mottishaw, principal analyst, Analysys Mason. "Oracle's new Connected Digital Lifestyle solution positions Oracle well to help operators provide differentiated and personalized services to their subscribers by leveraging network assets such as call control, location, messaging and presence, as well as monetizing these services through application storefronts, in-app billing and targeted mobile advertising."
“Communications service providers are in a unique position to generate significant revenue from the burgeoning mobile application market by utilizing their key customer intelligence and network assets, such as location-based services, billing and messaging, to support their own app store leveraging Oracle Communications Services Gatekeeper and/or Oracle’s Connected Digital Lifestyle solution. These solutions help CSPs maximize their revenue opportunity by facilitating the development and deployment of innovative applications and services,” said Liam Maxwell, vice president, products, Oracle Communications.
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle’s software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape — from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Janice Hazen, O’Keeffe & Company
P: +1.443.759.8151 / E: jhazen[.]okco.com.