• Penton Media’s Windows IT Pro and SQL Server Magazine recently awarded Quest Software, Inc. and its subsidiary, ScriptLogic®, a total of 13 combined Community Choice and Editors’ Best Awards, recognizing ten different products across multiple award categories. Among the wins were five Gold rankings in the Active Directory and Group Policy, Deployment/Configuration, Scripting, Management Suite, and Database Development categories.
• The Community Choice awards are chosen by readers and members of the SQL Server community who nominate and vote for the best IT products of the year in each category. Editors’ Best Awards are based on a product’s strategic importance to the market, its competitive advantages, and its value to customers.
• These latest wins underscore the strength of Quest’s product portfolio and its breadth of solutions for administration and automation, data protection, development and optimization, identity and access management, migration and consolidation, and performance monitoring that span physical, virtual and cloud environments.
Sustaining Industry Leadership:
• Five Quest solutions were repeat winners from 2010, selected again by the community and Penton Media editors:
- Toad® for SQL Server was recognized in the Database Development Tool category for the third consecutive year in a row, this year taking the Gold for Community Choice and Silver for Editors’ Best;
- Another three-time winner, PowerGUI® Pro, was awarded Gold for Best Scripting Tool in the Community Choice awards;
LiteSpeed® for SQL Server was also a repeat winner, this year receiving Silver Editors’ Best, alongside the Bronze Community Choice award, in the Backup and Recovery Software Product category;
- ScriptLogic Desktop Authority® was awarded Gold Editors’ Best for the second year in a row for Best Deployment/Configuration Product;
- Also for the second consecutive year, Spotlight® on SQL Server Enterprise was recognized in the Database Monitoring and Performance Product category, this year taking Silver for Editors’ Best.
• Five additional solutions joined the winning lineup for the first time this year, including:
- Quest One Identity Manager, which won a Gold Editors’ Best in the Management Suite category;
- ActiveRoles® Management Shell for Active Directory, which was awarded Gold Community Choice in the Active Directory and Group Policy Product category;
- Foglight® Network Management System (NMS), recognized in the Network Management category with a Silver Editors’ Best award;
- ScriptLogic Security Explorer® and Quest ChangeAuditor® for SQL Server, which took Silver and Bronze Editors’ Best awards in the Security/Auditing/Compliance Tool category. Change Auditor was also awarded a Bronze Community Choice award.
• All 2011 winners and additional details are available from Windows IT Pro and SQL Server Magazine.
Terri Avnaim, vice president of corporate marketing, Quest Software
“We’re honored that the community and editors from respected IT publications have recognized Quest’s products with more than a dozen award wins this year, spanning nine different categories of Windows and SQL Server management tools. Helping organizations tackle their toughest IT challenges is at the heart of what Quest is all about. These awards demonstrate our customers’ satisfaction with our products and acknowledge Quest’s position as an industry leader.”
About Quest Software, Inc.
Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments. For more information about Quest solutions for administration and automation, data protection, development and optimization, identity and access management, migration and consolidation, and performance monitoring, go to quest.com/.
Quest, Quest Software, Toad, LiteSpeed, Spotlight, Foglight, PowerGUI, ActiveRoles, ChangeAuditor and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. ScriptLogic, Desktop Authority and Security Explorer are trademarks or registered trademarks of ScriptLogic Corporation in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.