NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Cranston, RI, United States, 2011/11/15 - The Model 8581 is a DB9 Matrix Switch that allows switching of two inputs to three outputs in a variety of configurations to provide quick access to a shared channel, backup data line or peripheral - ElectroStandards.com.
The Model 8581 DB9 Matrix Switch allows easy switching of two inputs to three outputs for quick access to a shared channel, backup data line or peripheral with a simple turn of a knob. This unit is a Matrix Switch and can be custom-modified to connect the two “in” ports, A and B, to the “out” ports, 1, 2, and 3 in a variety of configurations.
There are six possible combinations between inputs and outputs for the Model 8581 and custom switch position labeling and custom wiring is optionally available so the unit can be built to meet your network’s requirements. The three selected standard for this model are: (A-1, B-3), (A-1, B-2), (A-3, B-2), but any three combinations are optionally available.
The Model 8581 switches all 9 pins of the DB9 interface and features an RJ45 monitor port on the rear of the unit to supply switch position info via contact closure. This high quality sealed switch with self-wiping low impedance contacts is also transparent to data speed and format. No external power is required for the Model 8581 and its rugged aluminum packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
• Allows quick access to a shared backup channel or a shared peripheral for either one of two input devices labeled A and B.
• Manual operation via front-panel rotary switch.
• All 9 pins of the DB9 interface are switched.
• High quality sealed switch with self-wiping low impedance contacts.
• Tranparent to data speed and format.
• Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
• Rugged aluminum packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
• No external power is required.
• Monitor port supplies switch position info via contact closure.
• Improves computer network efficiency by allowing sharing of backup data line or peripherals.
• Custom switch position labeling and custom wiring optionally available.
• Custom length DB9 cables available for your switch installation.
• Lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects.
• Municipalities, schools, government: On GSA Schedule!
PORT CONNECTORS ON REAR PANEL:
(2) DB9 male input ports, labeled A, B.
(3) DB9 female output ports, labeled 1,2,3.
MONITOR PORT ON REAR PANEL:
(1) RJ45 female switch status port, labeled MONITOR
FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Three position rotary selector, labeled A, NORMAL, and B. Custom labeling available.
POWER: No power required. Manually operated.
DIMENSIONS: 8.0" W x 2.5" H x 8.0" D. (20.3 x 6.35 x 20.3 cm)
WEIGHT: Approximately 1.5 lbs. (0.7 Kg)
This dependable data switch is manufactured exclusively by Electro Standards Laboratories, Cranston, RI, and has a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects. For a catalog of Electro Standards’ Network Switches, call.