Intuit, Inc. and AT&T are making it easier and quicker for small businesses to grow their business by accepting credit and debit card payments virtually anywhere, anytime.
The two companies have collaborated to offer Intuit GoPayment for AT&T, an easy-to-use mobile application and credit card reader that helps small businesses of all sizes process credit or debit card payments using their smartphone or tablet. Intuit GoPayment for AT&T comes with Automatic signup and pre-approval for the majority of AT&T customers. It is available via AT&T's nationwide small business sales force and call centers.
The worldwide mobile payments market is rapidly growing. According to the Yankee Group's 2011 Mobile Money Forecast, the value of mobile transactions worldwide will grow from $241 billion in 2011 to more than $1 trillion by 2015, a compound annual growth rate of 56 percent.
Intuit GoPayment for AT&T helps small businesses grow their business, increase sales and attract new customers. The mobile payment app and credit card reader is especially suited for mobile retailers and mobile service providers, such as photographers, hair stylists, locksmiths, and landscapers. It offers numerous potential benefits, including the ability to:
• Make and save money – Increase cash flow by getting paid as soon as a job is done and giving customers more payment options. The GoPayment application is free along with one free credit card reader. The basic service offers pay-as-you-go pricing with no monthly fee. There are no set-up fees, long-term contracts or transaction fees.
• Save time and improve cash flow – It can take 30 days or more for small businesses to receive payment for goods and services using standard invoicing. With Intuit GoPayment for AT&T, businesses can process payments on the spot and see the money in their account within a few business days.
• Use existing mobile devices – No need to purchase additional hardware; use the smart phone or tablet you already own and carry. Supports the most popular 3G and 4G smartphone platforms.
Key Features and Services
• Ring up sales quickly by creating and selling from a list of frequently sold items. Swipe credit cards using the card reader hardware instead of entering data manually.
• Process payments within seconds and have funds deposited into a user's bank account within a few days, eliminating the hassles of invoicing or waiting in bank lines to deposit cash or checks.
• Look professional by sending text or e-mail receipts with a map of where the transaction took place.
• Feel assured that your customer's sensitive credit card information is protected. Card data is never stored on the mobile device and is encrypted during processing – once via the credit card reader and a second time via the GoPayment app.
• Keep accounting records up-to-date by syncing transactions directly with QuickBooks®, the best-selling small business financial software in the U.S. used by 4 million users.
• Enable employees to ring up sales by adding up to 50 users to one GoPayment account.
• Get 24/7 unified support from AT&T and Intuit, including general customer service, and help with devices, network and mobile payment processing.
Pricing and Availability
• The basic GoPayment service has no monthly, transaction or cancellation fees, and offers a competitive 2.7 percent discount rate for swiped transactions.
• For small businesses with higher volume processing needs, a paid version of GoPayment also is available for $12.95 a month and provides a lower discount rate of 1.7 percent for swiped transactions.
o This plan is recommended for businesses that process more than $1,000 a month and want multiple employees to process payments using one GoPayment account.
o The monthly fee for the paid version of GoPayment will be conveniently rolled into customers' existing monthly AT&T bill.
• Qualifying customers can purchase Intuit GoPayment for AT&T as part of AT&T's popular All for Less packages, which feature wireless, wired and broadband services, Website hosting, tech support and data backup.
"Intuit GoPayment for AT&T comes with automatic pre-approval for AT&T customers, helping small businesses speed up the on-boarding process and enabling them to make credit and debit card transactions within minutes," said Ebrahim Keshavarz, AT&T vice president of Small Business Product Management. "This offer is just the first step in AT&T and Intuit working together to benefit small businesses by helping them broaden their payment capabilities, save money and, ultimately, better serve their customers."
"GoPayment makes it easier for small businesses to grow their business no matter where they are," said Chris Hylen, vice president and general manager of Intuit's Payment Solutions division. "By teaming up with AT&T, we're getting GoPayment into the hands of even more small businesses. Now they too can easily and affordably process credit cards and get paid on the spot, which in this tough economy means increased cash flow and more repeat business."
For more information, please visit Intuit GoPayment for AT&T . To watch a video highlighting the solution, please visit the AT&T Business YouTube channel.
Small businesses that want more information about all AT&T products and services can visit AT&T Small Business. For free business resources such as webinars, articles, case studies and best practices, they can visit AT&T Small Business InSite.
Additionally, real-time information and updates can be found on the AT&T Small Business Facebook page and AT&T Small Business Twitter channel.
More information on Intuit's small business products and service is available at Intuit.com. Other Intuit resources for small businesses include Intuit on Facebook, Intuit on Twitter and Intuit Community.
AT&T, Inc. (att.com) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T ¦DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available online and as part of an RSS feed at att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
Intuit, Inc. (intuit.com) is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Intuit Financial Services helps banks and credit unions grow by providing on-demand solutions and services that make it easier for consumers and businesses to manage their money.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $3.9 billion in its fiscal year 2011. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations.
About Intuit Payment Solutions
Intuit is one of the largest small business payments processors in the U.S. It processes annually nearly $21 billion in transactions for approximately 300,000 small businesses. Over the last 10 years, Intuit has helped small businesses get paid and improve cash flow with a complete family of end-to-end electronic payment solutions. This includes services to process credit cards, e-checks and online payments via a variety of channels including mobile devices, Web and retail stores as well as integrated solutions such as QuickBooks.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.