• GE to Showcase Its Global Experience in Providing a Wide Range of Applications to Diverse Industries;
• GE to Spotlight Its ZeeWeed*, LEAPmbr* and TrueSense* Technologies.
GE also will showcase the technical knowledge and practical experience of GE applications and industry experts who work on projects of all sizes and in diverse industries throughout the world.
“GE offers next-generation solutions to help our customers meet their industrial and municipal needs,” said Jack Noble, Europe region executive, water and process technologies for GE Power & Water. “Developed from significant R&D investments, our diverse and integrated portfolio helps customers treat the toughest of water challenges and then achieve responsible, sustainable resource and cost savings. Our goal is to help customers lower water and energy consumption, improve water quality and water conservation, and meet all regulatory and environmental requirements.”
The innovative offerings being showcased at Aquatech Amsterdam affirm GE’s commitment to help industrial, governmental and other customers solve their toughest water availability and quality problems and to capitalize on water-related productivity, energy use and environmental opportunities.
Highlights of GE’s water technology portfolio that will be on display at Stand 01.204 include:
• GE’s ZeeWeed* hollow-fiber membrane technology for ultrafiltration. ZeeWeed technology offers low life-cycle costs for water filtration, wastewater treatment and reuse. Ideally suited for municipal and industrial reuse applications, ZeeWeed technology extends the life of reverse osmosis (RO) systems; significantly reduces biological fouling and cleaning requirements and system power consumption.
• GE’s LEAPmbr* product line, GE’s next-generation membrane bioreactor (MBR) wastewater treatment technology addresses water quality and operational cost issues faced by owners of municipal, industrial and residential wastewater treatment facilities worldwide. LEAPmbr technology offers the lowest lifecycle costs available from any MBR technology, yet is cost-competitive with conventional water treatment alternatives.
• GE has the world’s largest and most capable fleet of mobile water systems, and outside the exhibit hall, GE will showcase its mobile water capabilities with tours of a mobile trailer, which offers 24-hour dispatch of water treatment equipment and the ability to react quickly to certain situations to prevent production losses, avoid capital investment and to meet regulatory requirements.
• GE’s PROPAK* system, an integrated water system that brings together GE ZeeWeed* 1500 pressurized ultrafiltration modules with RO technology on a single skid using a single control unit. PROPAK is unique because it features a single multifunctional tank.
• GE’s TrueSense* advanced cooling solution, which integrates three unique functionalities into one platform: direct online monitoring of critical water chemistries, personal instrumentation that dramatically cuts offline testing time and a powerful data analysis and display capability that provides deep insight into system status. TrueSense can help optimize both utility cooling water and process water applications in the food and beverage industry.
• GE’s total cooling water solution also includes the halogen stable GenGard* series, featuring stress tolerant polymer (STP) and the innovation of direct polymer detection and control without the use of or disadvantages of tracers. GenGard STP is effective in both neutral and alkaline pH scenarios and is a very forgiving chemistry with excellent inhibition and dispersant capabilities.
• The E-Cell-3X* is the latest electrodeionization stack generation from GE. It provides more flow per stack, with continued E-Cell technology benefits. It produces low-cost ultrapure water—up to 18 MOhm-cm resistivity, by removing residual salts and ionizable aqueous species, such as carbon dioxide, silica, ammonia and boron.
• High-performance GE filters and membranes that deliver maximum value and serve numerous industrial and process applications, including purifying water, handling fluids, concentrating solutions, recovering valuable by-products and recycling water and waste streams. GE offers membranes, membrane elements, membrane equipment and filters across the entire filtration spectrum.
*Trademark of General Electric Company; may be registered in one or more countries.
GE (ge.com) is an advanced technology, services and finance company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. Dedicated to innovation in energy, health, transportation and infrastructure, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs about 300,000 people worldwide.
GE also serves the energy sector by providing technology and service solutions that are based on a commitment to quality and innovation. The company continues to invest in new technology solutions and grow through strategic acquisitions to strengthen its local presence and better serve customers around the world. The businesses that comprise GE Energy—GE Power & Water, GE Energy Management and GE Oil & Gas—work together with more than 100,000 global employees and 2010 revenues of $38 billion, to provide integrated product and service solutions in all areas of the energy industry including coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy; renewable resources such as water, wind, solar and biogas; as well as other alternative fuels and new grid modernization technologies to meet 21st century energy needs.
Howard Masto, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518 786 6488 / E: howard.masto[.]ge.com.
Beth Coffman, Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518 786 6488 / E: beth.coffman[.]mastopr.com.
GE news, Masto Public Relations / E: information[.]mastopr.com.