The functions of the point of sale monitoring module (POS-Intellect) have also been updated and a new web report system can now be accessed.
The web report system makes it possible to work with the three abovementioned modules through a web browser from any PC connected to a network and provides several other new capabilities; in particular, it enables flexible limitation of user permissions. To view video through the web report system you need Internet Explorer 8 or higher. Reports can be received by e-mail, and sending of reports can be scheduled.
The face search module
This module makes it possible to accumulate a database of faces which have come into the field of view of cameras and then search this database for similar faces. The web report system provides an interface for this module and makes it possible to aggregate data from all video servers on which the module is installed.
The face search module makes it possible to find similar faces in the archive quickly and collect statistics on their appearance in the scene for various cameras.
New Functions in the Point of Sale Monitoring, Time and Attendance and Face Similarity Search Modules in Intellect 4.8.2
How the module works
For each face which comes into the field of view of a video camera, vector biometrics are compiled and recorded in the archive in parallel with the captured face image. Thus a database of all the faces which have appeared in the cameras’ field of view is created.
In order to conduct a search for similar faces in this database, you must either indicate a frame in the video archive containing a face, indicate a link (URL) to an image of the face, or upload a graphic file with the face image to the system. The module conducts a search for all similar faces in the accumulated database and classifies them by degree of likeness. The results are displayed as a list of photographs sorted by degree of likeness. You can set a minimum similarity threshold for displaying results; photographs with a degree of likeness lower than this threshold will not be displayed.
In the case of a large archive, the first results are displayed immediately, and you can work with them while the search is still in progress. For each face found you can view the relevant video footage. The printed form of the report will contain the photograph of the face presented for the search and photographs of all similar faces.
The results of each query are saved in the system for later viewing without repeating the search. After displaying the results you can select one of the faces found and conduct a search based on it, and you can also change the minimum similarity threshold for quicker operation.
The Cognitec 5.0, Cognitec 8.0 and VeriLook libraries are used for creating vector biometrics.
The face search server provides a web service which can be accessed using HTTP protocol; this enables simple integration with any software systems regardless of platform.
The POS-Intellect module
The main innovation in this module is the ability to use the web report system, which makes it possible to obtain statistics on the operation of the point of sale monitoring system centrally from any store in a chain. The system can be used both as part of a unified monitoring center and for managers, heads of security and retail chain leaders to obtain needed statistical data remotely.
The web report system makes it possible to view reports on register events, video footage of these events and receipt texts using an ordinary web browser from any PC connected to the Internet, as well as print reports and send them by email.
Functions of POS-Intellect’s web report system
• Reports are displayed as a table in which the rows correspond to cash register events, and the columns correspond to data associated with these events, such as shop number, register number, date and time, cashier name, etc. When an event is selected in the table, the receipt text and video footage of the event are displayed onscreen. The selected event is highlighted in the receipt text in red.
• Reports can be received by e-mail, and sending of reports can be scheduled.
• It is possible to display a report by cashier, by register, or by video surveillance operator.
• It is possible to select one of two types of interface for displaying reports.
• It is possible to select a report period and a group of statuses of events to be displayed.
• Status groups and the event statuses they contain are created in advance by the system administrator. For example, one could create the groups "Neutral events" and "Suspicious events". In each group corresponding statuses are set; for example, the "Suspicious events" group may contain such statuses as "Deletion of an item from a receipt","Return of merchandise with receipt", etc. Events are assigned statuses by the operators conducting surveillance.
New Functions in the Point of Sale Monitoring, Time and Attendance and Face Similarity Search Modules in Axxon Intellect 4.8.2 New Functions in the Point of Sale Monitoring, Time and Attendance and Face Similarity Search Modules in Axxon Intellect 4.8.2
The time and attendance module
The time and attendance (T&A) module makes it possible to calculate the time worked by an employee or department over a certain period of time, allowing for supporting and overtime documents, and obtain reports on time worked by employees.
For recording time and attendance, data provided by the access control system are used: information on when the employee entered or exited particular areas and how long he was there.
The new web report subsystem provides an interface for the T&A module and makes it possible to obtain reports on time worked at any computer connected to the network. The following types of reports are available:
1. Detailed summary report.
2. Summary report.
3. Violations of the work schedule.
4. Report on time worked.
5. Document report.
6. Error report.
7. Tardiness report.
8. Attendance report.
9. Arrival/departure report.
10. Form T12.
11. Form T13.
12. Generalized report.